Under section 10.5.9 of the Gambling Regulation Act 2003, an inspector may do any of the following:
3.0 Power of Inspectors
- require any person in possession of, or having control of, any machinery, equipment or records relating to an activity regulated by a gaming Act to produce the machinery, equipment or records for inspection and to answer questions or provide information relating to the machinery, equipment or records;
- inspect, take copies of or seize any machinery, equipment or records if the Inspector considers it necessary for the purpose of obtaining evidence of the commission of an offence;
- under certain conditions, and by written notice, require a person to attend before the Inspector at a specified date and time and answer questions;
- under certain conditions, require a person found on the premises to state their full name and residential address;
- call for the assistance of a member of the police force if the Inspector is obstructed or believes they will be obstructed in the performance of their duties.
Further information on the powers of inspectors can be found under section 10.5.9 of the Act.